Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gift, Requests and Loading

Chefs,

Recently, we have received more complaints about loading and "Retrying" errors. After some investigation, we found that some player's accounts would not load because the account was back-logged with requests of all types. 


We also have heard complaints about gifts disappearing, slow gameplay and error messages when accepting gifts or requests.

In order to try to fix this situation and let many players back in the game, we are making some changes to the way information is stored.

Catering Orders:
Requests to join your catering crew will expire in 7 days. We felt this was not going to be a problem, since Catering Orders end in 3 to 5 days. On your end, this will just keep your account from being overloaded with requests for orders you've already finished.

Crew Requests:
These will also expire in 7 days. This shouldn't affect your current gameplay since the first people who accept join the crew. After 7 days, these particular requests will expire. By 7 days, these requests usually receive the "crew full" message.

Gift Requests:
Gift Requests will expire in 14 days. Please accept all your gift requests as soon as possible. Currently, gifts remaining in the request area longer than 14 days are causing error messages and "Retrying" messages due to a backlog of content.

Gift Box:
Most players will not experience issues with their gift box, however, for people will a LOT of gifts, the oldest gifts will start to expire. We are going add a timer to the gift box to show the expiration date of gifts that are going to expire. The reason the oldest gifts will expire is so your gift box will not fill up, making new requests impossible to accept. Accepting newer gifts allows you to complete current missions.

I know this is a lot of information. Making these changes is going to positively affect your overall gameplay. If you have questions, please post them here.

6 comments:

  1. There is no way, with the current amount of counters I have, to serve the food in my gift box by no 14 day time limit. I have over 343 items in my gift box, I can remove all the dumb instant serves, but if the food I worked so hard in collecting, starts being deleted, when I have no counter to place it on, I will definitely quit playing this game, that I have played for going on 2 years. I think that is the dumbest soulution you have come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is crazy. I remember when food was servered faster. The only reason we have full gift box is cause the counters never empty.. I sell more food then I keep just so I can keep dishes cooking to get my levels completed. I am not liking this information. Will have to move on to something else to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two previous post.. If we had more counter space our food would not be so backed up. I'm also constantly having to sell my food to have room.. All my counters are full and my refrigerator has all the shelves full including the one's opened for cc and I still have over 300 gifts in my box. I agree on the back log issue as far as people who start missions and don't finish them.. Those are a lot of back log.

    I think making people use the food before it expires is a very bad idea. I would like to have the option to remove the catering orders I have joined and the friends gave up on. I have saw a lot of great suggestions made but non of these are what the players want.

    * More counter space
    * the ability to remove myself from a stuck catering order
    * The option to only use the amount of food needed in our gift box for a goal or to help friends.
    * The option to type in the number of servings I want to sell to dale.

    I'm sure you can get better solutions to the problem's then the one's your thinking of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT FAIR!...Forget the damn timer on gift box and give us a COUNTER for it so we can use amount of food we need!!! If you can use a timer then surely you can give us a counter as you have for FV...Why would we use 50 servings of food from gift box when we may only need 5...that's why gift box stays full ! If your goign to start deleting food from gift box I'm done with your game!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is our inventory going to be next on the chopping block???

    ReplyDelete
  6. do not like the idea of gifts being timed but would like a choice of how amny are used from gift box and be able to sort thru it like the cook book

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...